.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, August 24, 2007

5 years and counting

Wow. Time sure flies. Where has it gone?
It's been half a decade today for me and Tresa.
Today is our 5 year anniversary. What is that - the nickel anniversary?
That was our wedding day.
Can you say "Where's Waldo".

The weeks seem to go really fast let alone the years.
It's already almost the end of summer and I can hardly tell where the time has gone.

But we have lots of pictures of things we've done together. From my marathons, to cross country skiing, house parties, get togethers, dragonboating and especially our travels in the last 5 years. Everything!

Thanks to the digital age and the fact that I have adhered to the stereotype that since I'm asian so I must have a camera.

So I carry my camera with me almost everywhere. The camera is my friend.
At least this way I've captured many moments to remember. And there have been many memorable moments. Mostly at outlets and shopping areas. What I remembered about this moment was that we got there after it was closed. But that didn't change things, we came there another day.

I can tell you that it hasn't exactly been a 5 year honeymoon. But people who think that marriage is like that can be in for a rude awakening. It takes effort and work to make a marriage successful. And it takes time. Tresa and I have grown quite a bit in the 5 years we've been married. And each day that goes by makes me more grateful for the decision I made 5 years ago.

You know, it hasn't been all bad either. And that's where it gets better. The rough times are few and far between. And we don't dread them anymore when it happens. We get through them together, as a family.

And of course we enjoy the good times together as a family too. And it just makes it all that much better.
We've seen many places together, made lots of friends all over the world.


We'll continue to explore the world and enjoy doing everything together as a family, even with a little monkey on my back.



It's a shiny, happy Suka-day for the family unit.

Plus it's Friday. WOO HOO!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples... I'm very proud of you for your success as partners and as parents, and wish you many more years of increasing peace, happiness and prosperity.
God bless you both always,
With love to you all,
Dian

Sat Aug 25, 03:24:00 AM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Sat Aug 25, 05:04:00 AM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from the Battah Clan!

Sat Aug 25, 05:04:00 AM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Izidor & Co

Sat Aug 25, 07:39:00 AM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

If there's any couple who knows how to fill their first 5 years of marriage with a "joie de vivre" attitude - and with a toddler in tote, it's you and Tresa. Congratulations on your 5th anniversary...I remember your wedding day like it was yesterday!

Mrs. Wong ;p

Sat Aug 25, 10:17:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Dinoette said...

Congradulations and Happy Anniversary!

Sun Aug 26, 03:45:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger Nie said...

congrats! you complement each other and with a carbon copy of a kid to boot.

Sun Aug 26, 10:15:00 AM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Congrats!
It's been 5 years already?!
Marlo & Wing

Sun Aug 26, 10:27:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Yvette said...

What a nice post and a wonderful tribute to your 5-year anniversary. Congratulations! Also, congratulations on the baby! I didn't even know you were pregnant with your second last time I talked to you! It's all good now, though - I've subscribed to your feed, so I'll keep up to date from now on.

Wed Aug 29, 12:06:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

Hey Yvette, there is some confusion, there isn't a second one coming. Not sure where you got that info.

Wed Aug 29, 01:38:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment