.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A cottage life for me

Back in 1875 or something. I heard the history behind the August long weekend on my drive home on Monday. Politicians wanted a holiday in the summer and named it after John Simcoe, the first Lieutenant-Governor of Upper Canada. Hooray for Simcoe Day!

This politician did some good things like abolish slavery, created Yonge Street, and even inspired the agricultural fair tradition that would give rise to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.


It even inspired Ray to do sudoko with his eyes closed. I could have sworn I saw that third eye blink.

Not sure what's up with that amputated doll with no hair. Must be a voo doo doll.

It was a clear night not a cloud in the sky, except for the one around the Baconator (STINKS!), and Jaedin was talking to aliens from outer space. Hoping to get a sign.

He got a sign later that weekend. His sister beating him up and snatching all the graham crackers from his hands.


I want S'mores, and probably some carcinogenic char with it. It was yummy though.




Swimming was good. Everyone was out in the middle of the lake.

I measured it before I went home. I used the paddle boat and my Timex GPS watch.
It's 100m to the other side.
Looks longer than that, especially if you keep thinking there's something at the bottom of the lake and your heart rate jumps up to 200bpm thinking of the top 10 worst ways to drown.

Good thing I didn't swim across with it on, or else I'd be online looking for a replacement. Well at least we know and it's not 150m. Looks farther than it is. Probably because it's water and you can't see the bottom.

Hello Cottage Fotos....


Waiting for the fire to go out...