.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Phase 3 Summer BBQ

We were phase 3 of the summer BBQ rollout.
I'm just glad we made it into a phase. Actually I'm glad we were able to make it to a BBQ. The timing has always not been good.

The food was fantastic. Michael and Frida are awesome cooks.
Even the wasps came out in droves.

I got bit by one on my way to the Don Valley trails near their house. I felt something sharp.
I grabbed my chin and there was a %#$#@@$ wasp in my hand. So I crushed the living #%#%# out of the bugger. Pissed me off. I've never been bit by a bee or wasp before so I wasn't sure if I would go into some severe allergic reaction. But I kept on riding. An ambulance is 50 bucks. Anyways nothing happened except the soft spot just behind my chin hurt like heck.

I've been going to the Don Valley trails pretty often. It's been a lot of fun. I love it. Ever since I went there with Antonio and finally got myself a used mtb with front shocks I've been really enjoying it. Mostly because the shocks are absorbing all the bumps and not my shoulders. I'm always sort of scared of flying off of my bike or hitting my chest against my handlebars. Actually I've flipped over my bike once. But was okay. I wasn't going that fast.

Anyways after the ride, I met mama and Kieran at Michael and Frida's. Lance, Brenda and the new kid on the block (Ryan) was there too. We hadn't seen him yet in person. Only about 2000 images on Brenda's digital camera.

Mike & Frida put out an awesome spread. Plus I was starving. It was a great day for a BBQ. Notice that my hair is shaped to the inside of my bike helmet, showing where all the vents are. Not sure if you can tell but my helmet has 3 big vents.

We also did a stroll through the neighbourhood looking at people's homes and what windows they have and the colour. And we also stopped by Etsuko and Craig's store. But it was closed.

Anyways...we checked out the new Gelati place up the road. The guy who opened it with his sister has 2 stores in Rome, Italy. So once he's got his sister up and running he's going back to the motherland.

Interesting flavours. The medium was huge.
We weren't crazy about the yoghurt-coffee flavoured one. That's what I have. It didn't stop me from eating it though. It just wasn't what I expected.

Oh ya. Happy birthday to my brother Lou.

Hello more fotos...

Blogger Dinoette said...

Yo, that ice cream is gonna melt on your shirt!

Tue Aug 21, 12:06:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

Then I would eat my shirt!

Tue Aug 21, 10:34:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment