.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This is my Haliburton Shirt

There was a tie-dyed shirt I had seen at the Midnight Madness sale in Haliburton Village that had "This is my Haliburton shirt" written on it. I guess you'd have to be mad to have bought it. I did see an older Filipino woman with a heavy accent that I figured would have bought it.
I was thankful no one bought one for me to wear. I do know someone who has some bright orange Pac-man shirts.

Fall has certainly arrived in cottage country.
We were up here for Thanksgiving dinner with Tresa's parents.

While it was sunny, warm and beautiful in the city. It was pouring rain, chilly and damp in cottage country.
I was thankful we made it in one piece. Thank God.

With a 22lb turkey to split between 6 adults and a little person, we were in for some hard labour. My stomach muscles were aching from digesting too much food. That's what happens when breakfast turns to lunch then to dinner with no breaks except to go get some more wine from the basement.
I was thankful that I didn't have any intestinal bugs.

But some of us did take a break to go for a walk in order to stay awake and not pass out on the couch. It was a passing of the torch. The younger generation needed to pull or push their weight now.

Dedek was thankful he had a helper.
Sort of like Santa and his elf.



It was also a day of a missing nap. Not sure where it went, but this guy (the 2-1/2 yr old, not the retired dude) fell asleep just after dinner at about 6:49pm. We were hoping he'd be out for the night. He woke up once about an hour after putting him down, but after tucking him under the blanket, he was out for the rest of the night.
We were thankful.


I put up a lot of photos. Lots of duplicates.
I'm sure Carmen is thankful.

We got home on a single tank of gas. I actually only used 32L of gas for the 550km round trip.
I was thankful for a fuel efficient car.

It was otherwise a nice & quiet, uneventful Thanksgiving. And we were all thankful to be with family.


Click me for more turkey, gravy and more turkey...