.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Busy busy as a beaver

But this was a good busy. Nothing was work related.
You work so hard during the week. And the weekends you play hard.
It was Miller Time.

Man are we tired.






After my race on Saturday, we had a school fun fair going on for the kids at Kieran's school.
It was nice to be able to let the kids run loose in a contained area where they can have a safe fun time. Eat food and make the school feel like it's a fun place to be and not just be all work and no play.





His friends were there and once he realized he was in a safe place, he was off with his friends and we could socialize with the other parents. They even had 4-Squared live band from Treehouse.






Sunday was an event filled day for us too.
I took my cocktail of vitamins with a side order or Advil.
We did the Ride for Heart (this year we did it as the Ride for Dedek).
And I was feeling slightly fatigued from my race on Saturday but I felt pretty good. And we were only doing the 25K but of course I was pulling Kieran in the trailer again.

It was uneventful except on the downhill from the Gardiner to the DVP when I heard a noise and then the scraping of the trailer on the ground, I thought a tire had blown. But I slowed down and discovered the left wheel of our trailer came off, but was just hanging there. I don't think I had installed it properly after looking at my photos from the parking lot. Luckily nothing major happened.

Anyways we took our time from there. And as always we stocked up at the turnaround point and doubled the weight of the trailer. Kieran got out and checked the goodies at this point. One good thing about doing 25k vs the 50k is that if you ride fast enough, you get first crack at the goodies. You know Kieran is Asian because he naturally gravitates to this position (almost like the fetal position). He'd fit right at home in the Philippines. I tried it, but it was not so comfortable, maybe because I've been in Canada so long that I have lost this ability to squat. So it must be something you are born with if you are truly asian and lose once you become westernized.

It's a good thing the return hill from the DVP to the Gardiner Expressway isn't as high as the northbound way. But was gets me are the macho guys that aren't pulling a load and struggling up the hill going so slow and blocking the way. Man...move to the right so people can pass.

We were taking it easy, as I was feeling the fatigue in my legs on the return ride, we took it easy, but the big DVP-Gardiner hill and some sections afterward are long gradual uphills. I wanted to stop and take a few more pictures, like Union Station with an idle GO-train. You don't get these vantage points too often, but I had momentum and didn't want to stop this loco-motive.

The finishing area was packed with goodies. I was kind of tired to walk around so Tresa scouted the area and brought us back some food and stuff. And some of the volunteers were kind enough to bring some of the bagels with becel spread on it for me. Kieran was lights out and so I stayed with him and the bikes.

Once he got up we tried to get a balloon for him but you had to guess a number and if you got it right you got a balloon. But our luck was lousy, we waited at least 30mins and never got it right. He was the last little kid and finally we just had to go. I was trying to explain that sometimes this just happens, but the balloon lady was kind enough to make him a quick balloon, telling everyone we'd been there a long time. Then as we headed home, the balloon popped in the trailer. Oh well...these things happen. He didn't cry, but I felt bad for him for being so patient and not freaking out.

We had to get going to Anna's 11th birthday bowling party.
It was glow in the dark bowling.
And it was so much fun. I couldn't believe nothing was going in the gutters. But then I notices that the gutters were blocked, otherwise it's no fun for the kiddies. I was wondering how they were doing it. I was amazed for a while.
Busted my bubble.




Tresa pointed this out to me because I didn't even noticed, But the ratio was 10 boys to every girl. Most I recognized from daycare (so Kieran knew them), but they all went to St Cecilia's.
But everyone had a blast...the kids were hilarious, that's all that mattered.






And then it was pinata time!






Click me for more School Fair photos

Click me for more Ride for Dedek photos

Click me for more Anna's boys only except for my cousin Stephanie birthday bowl.





Videos:

First time bowler
Anna the bowler
Marika the bowler
11 Candles
Junior Mob in training
Pinata time

Anonymous Bri said...

I love the shot of you and Kieran squatting and eating your apples during the Ride.

Fri Jun 12, 09:40:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment