.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, July 27, 2009

Demolition Sukaboy

It was time to address the back bedroom that no one uses because it's so cold in the wintertime and there are pipe services sticking out of the wall so we could never put anything against that wall.

So everything looks so nice and clean. Do I really want to do this.
I have everything set up. covered the floor and door to limit the dust. I have my demolition tools at hand. Coveralls, gloves, all set.


I punch the first hole. I'm committed to insulating this room now.
This part, I think is the hardest part. The prepping of the room to begin insulating is a lot of hard work. Actually putting in the insulation and drywall, isn't too bad. Priming the walls and painting That's not too bad too. Just stinky from the fumes and dust from the mudding of the drywall joints.
After bringing down the interior walls of the room. I ate my dinner. Atul and Sonal made me dinner, since I helped them take out the bar in their basement on Saturday.

I was exhausted. It took me 5hrs and I still have to clean up and do the baseboards.

It took me all of Sunday to finish up the demolition and get the debris out in boxes and in the garage.

Man...what have I gotten myself into?

Click me for more photos