.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Busy & Long weekend

It was a long and busy weekend for me. And lonely too. It was like I was isolation in Poland with seniors. At least I got to watch a couple of movies at the theaters. Saw Transformers 2 and Harry Potter. You know Harry does look like Derrick - and awkward too. Transformers 2 was ok. Story wasn't great but lots of battle scenes.

Basically this part I don't mind so much. It's not as dusty as the demolition part. Only thing is lugging around the 4x8 sheets of drywall.

So the drywalling is finally done, I had to do some soldering on those pipes to close them off in the wall. I was going back and forth to Home Depot so often, it felt like I worked there.

I even removed that unused outside faucet that we didn't even know we had until we replaced the window in the pantry. We never really noticed that valve. Well we didn't know where it went to, we just thought it was part of the 1950's plumbing standard. Just put a valve near a window and within proximity of something electrical in case there's a fire or something. It was actually the remnants of an old faucet that went out side near the front of the house. The previous owner had chopped off the outside part and never removed the plumbing on the inside.

The taping of the drywall and the first coat of mudding are also done. I brought a guy in all the way from Malta to do this. And good thing too. He did a job 10x better than what I coulda done. And cheap too. You just have to give him coffee and a smoke and he's good to go. I offered him beer, but apparently he doesn't drink.

I added more photos of the renos to that bedroom in the back that I demolished last weekend. See "Demolition Sukaboy" post and click the photos link at the bottom of the post.

Almost done...I can see the light. Through the dust on my glasses and up my nose.