.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, July 23, 2010

Grace under chocolate

Gracie turned 3 yesterday!
And she has the chocolate stains on her clothes to prove it. That no amount of Malaeluca spot remover will take out. No matter how many orders you buy.

We had a great homemade dinner and some wine past it's drinking prime. But hey, it's vinegar now. Can't even cook with it. But it's alcohol so I think I can clean some paint brushes with it. Or use it on my other toe where the toenail is coming off to keep it clean from bacteria.

Now I know how to tell if wine has oxidized. I can see the change in colour. It's very evident. Whites are meant to be drunk. They don't last in a bottle. Reds on the other hand...ah...maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm not my WinoCentric cousin who can tell the specifics of a wine, by licking the wine list.

In preparation for the day, Kieran made that poster taped to the wall, and popsicles from watered down juice. The less sugar the better.
Mama got all the food, salad prepped and made the lists of stuff for me to get. And I got the tables out. And bbq'd the cheese without having it fall on the briquettes. And sent the list of wine to WinoCentric to select via Twitter. It was quicker than email. I'm getting the hang of it. I'm so behind tweeting. Anyways, Twitter has got it's uses.

So the 2003 Nobilo wine was off. The 2004 Kim Crawford wine was good and the Moscato was amazing!

Then I took WinoCentric for a bike ride around the neighbourhood and down to the lake he's only seen twice in 13 years. And it's a big lake. However he's seen the ghettos of Scarberia, every year.

And he finally got to go up the former Tallest freestanding structure in the world - the CN Tower.
Had a 3 year old birthday lunch.



I think this neighbourhood we live in is one of the nicer areas of TO. Not snobby, but more about family. A Euro heritage, with young folks coming in looking to build a better family, instead of a better career.
Good thing we rode the bikes, our alcohol levels would have had us pulled over. And it was getting dark, so no one can see the redness in our cheeks. Or the darker shade of brown in my ears.
And he saw a cool white bridge, near the condos off Palace Pier.