.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Big Fish

It was Sukaboy's birthday weekend. I was feeling the need to forego the weekend and finish the reno that is very close to being done. The dust in the house, the untidiness, and the worry that we would misplace something that is of importance.

But I put that worry aside and Sukamama and I headed to the cottage.
Like my 40th b-day. My 41st one was in injury recovery mode. One thing that's evident is that recovery takes longer now. I wish I was 5 years old again and recover from a elbow dislocation in 2 days. It's so impressive how kids can recover in days vs months for adults. If I could bottle that, I'd be a Suka-millionaire.

It was a beautiful weekend. The weather was perfect. The water was warm and inviting. And relaxing.
I took my mtn bike with me. Since I wanted to do some physical activity. It had rained recently so I stuck to the dry roads. Although still very hilly. It was a good workout. I was wiped out afterwards and the sliwowicz and red wine didn't exactly replenish my body with the necessary building blocks it was asking for, but it was 10am and part of breakfast.

But at least I was not sanding drywall or priming or painting and putting a kink in my neck.
I was able to relax and let my body recuperate. And run off the dock like the other two monkeys.

Then there was the excitement of the fishing. Me...I can't stand putting worms on a hook. I will eat seafood, but I'd rather let someone else catch them and skin them and filet them so that it no longer looks like something that looked me in the eye as I was reeling it in.


So these 3 fishermen caught a large mouth bass. They released it back into the lake to live another day. But it took a beating before it got back into the water. It was man handled and kid handled and dropped on the ground a few times for picture taking and measuring.

Click me for more photos

This catching of Big Fish made my birthday really memorable. It was pretty exciting. At one point I thought I would have to touch the slimy thing, which I wasn't prepared for. But having the camera in my hand made me exempt. The kids were touching it anyways. They need a lesson in handling fish.

Check out these videos of Big Fish.
  1. How we caught the Big Fish.
  2. Big Fish bucket.
  3. My new pet - Big Fish.
  4. Measuring my new pet - Big Fish.
  5. Playing with Liam's new pet - Big Fish.
  6. Posing with Big Fish.
  7. Bringing Big Fish home.
  8. Having fun with Big Fish.
  9. Letting Big Fish Live another day.