.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, July 02, 2010

Tree down, did anybody hear it fall

Did anyone hear this tree make a sound as it fell?

We had torrential downpour on Sunday. Wow did a lot of water come down from the sky.

As I headed down to the swim camp on Lakeshore. I saw the mess that it had made. The whole area from Sunnyside to the end of the boardwalk just before the Palais Royal was fenced off.

I saw large mature trees like this one knocked down or uprooted.



This one wasn't uprooted but it was in pieces. Not sure if lightning got to it, but it was no longer together.

You can see my bike there beside it for size reference.
It was a few years old.


In the parking lot next to the dinosaurs, right beside Sunnyside. There was a tree that had been uprooted. There was a small army of city tree huggers working away to clear the damage the storm had left.

This was taken 2 days after the storm. And the middle picture I just took today (Friday). And the fence is still up. So they are still clearing debris.

Blogger Ray said...

That tree that I parked my bike next to, is now gone. Cut right down to the ground. Unfortunate.

Sun Jul 11, 07:12:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment