.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Black Spec

This is what I went to get. I even had to deal with that crazy EuroT guy with the liquor breath, to go pick it up. They came all the way from Japan, not the kid. The specs. I usually stay away from plastic frames but these ones are handmade in Japan and designed for people who have a round head, flat-ish face and no bridge.

I was going to go with this other frame from the Netherlands, that were a blue/baby blue two tone colour, but these were just way too cool beans! And they fit my face perfectly. You should see my last pair of plastic frames. I think they covered 60% of my face.

And the other I was considering was sort of on the same line as my (Belgian) Theo's.

So I opted for something funky and a little bolder. Somewhat more bolder than my old (France) Eye-DC frames that were cool too but so fragile. The nose pad arms have broken twice. First time was under warranty and I received a new frame. Second time was not and I paid to get them soldered back on.

These are my new Theo's. They came via Singapore. But they are from Belgium. Very different from the Black.jp ones I just got. They are almost invisible.
There's a japanese warrior statue in our garden referencing my other glasses and disregard the neighbours laundry in the background. Didn't know it was there. And it was there in the downpour. And it looks like rain today too.

So these are my second pair of Theo's. Great frames and very durable. I still have my last pair of Theo's from 2002. And when my Eye-DC frames went kaput. I went back to my trusty Theo's.
My new Black.jp frames are very solid. Very different from the Theo's. I see the frame in my periphery.
Two frames, two different looks.

I was considering these Alain Mikli frames too, but they are so expensive and they never seem to go on sale and the price is the price. Non-negotiable.
We were at Spectacles on Queen St. I think I was dropping off my Eye-DC frames to get repaired. Kieran was trying on anything and everything. He said he wanted glasses. But I told him that glasses can be a pain.




These are Kieran's flowers. He thought the one on the right was dead, but it is a little saggy from the downpour yesterday that I rode in.
He chose these to be planted in the garden. We have a brand new watering wand and it looks purple to me, but I don't see colours like normal people.

Blogger Easy said...

You looks much younger with new glasses (don't tell Tresa, she'll lock you up!).
Regards Easy from Slovenia

Fri Jun 04, 05:36:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment