.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Artworks

Kieran really liked his art class. He liked it so much, he wanted to go when he was not feeling 100%. And he wanted to go to his art class instead of his hockey session. So he missed the first two sessions of hockey so he can finish his art class. We heard good things about Artworks Artschool. This particular class is geared toward 4-6 year olds, but Bronwen does a lot of 3D art. Kieran was really into it and it's made a difference in his creative output. He's been painting cities and planets and the Sun, with very little help from us. In his last week they made muffins, not real ones, but paper mache ones, and he also made a 3D bird. That's it beside the muffin. It's got feathers and two glue on eyes. I think they're meant to be ornaments that we will eventually hang on our christmas tree, that I just picked up. This year I didn't go to IKEA and buy a dead tree that was crushed by the weight of all the other trees in front of it. I got a tree from Tuminos, where we usually get it. Aldo always has great Fraser Firs. I think I got a big tree though. It didn't look THAT big in the garden yard. But it wouldn't fit in my Thule cargo carrier. So I had to tie it directly to the roof rack bars. In any case it's in the garage right now opening up. Can't wait to bring it in. Click me for Artworks photos