.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kieran's Fishey 6th Birthday

Check this cake out.
It's Fishey!
Tresa's friend Rosanne (BakerBotsBaking.com) made a fabulous fish cake for Kieran's birthday. Not sure if Tresa mentioned he had a pet fish, but the colour was spot on too. Not sure if Fishey has teeth. He is a fighting fish. Which is why, he's alone. Cuz he goes bananas when he sees another fish.


You know her cakes not only look creatively brilliant, but they taste absolutely amazing!
Just ask the 5, 6 & 7 year old piranha's that devoured the Fish. These kids can smell sugar a mile a way. They even got into the dish of chocolate eggs.

It was a great day to play inside. It was wet and chilly. Like how it is in the UK most of the time.
Wow 2 hrs goes by fast, especially when there's lots to do. Like Jumpy castles and air hockey, foosball, pinball, video games and basketball. They even have slots! Just in case you needed a RAMA fix.


The kids were well taken care of. They had drinks if they were thirsty, and food if they were hungry, and bathrooms in case they had to go.

And then there are the challenges. Not the trouble of putting on a birthday party, but from the other parents wanting to kick your butt in basketball.
I lost the first three challenges and I was at a loss for words. They were close matches, a few points difference. Leo though crushed me. Now I know how Jinn felt. But he must have felt worse, because his wife was schooling him.

I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. Then I learned how the game was scoring baskets. A clean basket, ie. swish, was worth 3 points, anything else was 2 points. That was the ticket.


I'd taken the rubber match against Leo. I felt that this time I was ready for Song.
She had already crushed her hubby. So he was no longer challenging enough.

It was 1 min of pure sweat and focus. Wow she was intense!
I was getting elbowed, my basketballs were getting taken away from me, I was pushed to the edge of the playing area.
But Sukaboy prevailed! Woo Hoo!
I won't say the score. That would be rude.
Instead I have a photo of it! Check the link for the photos.

I want my birthday here too!
Tresa wouldn't have to fuss so much on me.
We'd just need a few cases of beer, some coffee.
And a pizza and chips and maybe some coupons for KFC.
Maybe some of those samosas (SamosaSweetFactory.com). They were addictive.

Tresa always puts a lot of time and effort into this.
Getting the loot bags, balloons, cake, food, drinks.
She always takes care of the details to make sure everyone enjoys themselves - Big and Little people, Vegetarian and Omnivores alike.
I just take the photos and post them on the blog.

Sylvia, the owner of this place, really takes care of her customers.
She made the occasion that much easier for us.
We all enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks for all the parents and the generous donations to Princess Margaret Hospital. Cancer survivors are heroes.

Two hours is too short. I coulda played a few more matches. Who doesn't like winning? Besides Jinn needs practice.

Click me for more photos




Anonymous Song said...

You are hilarious, Ray! Thanks for the party....it was fun.

Mon Apr 18, 09:03:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger ќärþōsнä said...

hi..
kieran is really cute
i must say to him happy birth day too ^^"
and i like the cack it's amazing
c u

Sat Apr 30, 02:18:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment