.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ski Panda

This is Centennial Park ski hill, they have a magic carpet which is a conveyor belt for little skiers and to the left is the t-bar.
Kieran's class is at the top of the hill. They are the little dots on the left middle part of the hill right at the top.

I brought my ski and snowboard every week thinking that I would get to go on the hill too, but all I did was pull him for the first lesson. In the second lesson he was going up to the big hill. And figures the week I don't bring my stuff, Kieran wanted to stay longer.
Murphy's law sucks man.


It was 8 weeks of lessons or was it 10. I can't remember. But he really enjoyed the class and did really well. It helped him to get confidence in tackling a larger hill like Mt St Louis/Moonstone. The skating lessons and xc skiing helped him too. He was the only kid in his group that could propel himself by skating.

Surprisingly Centennial was a really great place to learn skiing. It's not big, so for little ones it's perfect. Even for big kids who are learning, this is a great hill.

I noticed a lot of snowboard learners on the hill during our lessons.

Here's a video of their 2nd last lesson. The little kid that escaped the train and rocketed off on his own is not Kieran. That kid was reprimanded because he wasn't listening and could have gotten hurt and would be kicked off the hill for not listening. Some of these little ones can really fly. He was on the edge of wiping out.