.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Moonstone

Moonstone. Or was it Mt. St. Louis?
We were at the northern most site, with Jinn, Xander and Rachel. This is a great hill for learning on and getting confidence.

It wasn't that busy, at first. But after lunch it got much busier. But still it was great. We didn't have to wait too long for a lift.

I was pretty impressed with the kids' skiing.
I remember when I first went skiing. I couldn't turn. And they let me on the slopes.
I wiped out a lot. That was a long time ago.

Kieran fell a lot on his first 2 runs on the "big" slopes. But afterwards he was doing great. He was turning and handling the intermediate runs like a pro. They were going in and out of the trees between the runs. He was also going faster than me down the runs which was a little frightening, I wasn't sure if he would wipe out into a mini garage sale, but he was in control. If he can handle it, who am I to question. He's way better than I was way back when in never never land. I was just making sure there wasn't another missile around on a collision course. Gotta protect my kid. Even though he's got a helmet. You never know.





Click me for more photos