.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Freshly Squeezed

It was a snow day today. But it wasn't the newsworthy snowstorm that they made it out to be. It was like a regular snow fall. The overnight one was heavier than the snow that fell during the day. Because of the weather forecast they closed the school. But it was nothing. I've seen more snow fall than this and the school wasn't closed.
It was also down hill ski lesson day, and I was looking forward to it but Kieran didn't feel like going. He wanted to bake.

He wanted to make some bread, but I didn't have all the ingredients. Just flour.
So he went over next door to Ola's to bake. Here's his ingredients. Flour, cheese, salami, and water.
It's like a pizza, sort of. I ate 1/4 of it. It's good. It's been an hour or so and I'm not going to the toilet so I figure I'm okay. Tresa says it's kinda doughy. And that she may paying for it later.

Then after work he wanted to bake more bread. So we broke out the W-S Snickerdoodle mix and added the other ingredients like eggs and milk and got the hand blender out. I handled most of it because of the raw eggs. It's baking right now, in the bunt muffin pan.

They look okay, but Tresa says they were a little dry and chucked hers into the food recycle. Maybe we'll share these with the neighbours, but we don't want any of the seniors to get sick or lose a tooth. But there are a bunch of feral cats around the area that I'd like gone.

Not sure what got into him, but everything he saw on the boxes he wanted to make.

After the baking, he wanted to make a juice drink. It's just 2 clementine oranges that I think he squashed with a fork. He was about to crush them with his bare hands, but Tresa gave him a more civil method.

I didn't actually see him make this because I went downstairs. I didn't want to watch him make a mess crushing those oranges.

A few minutes later he came downstairs and brought me a drink.


This is Kieran's Orange Squash.
That's what he named it. Tresa didn't drink it, cause Kieran said "mama said it looks disgusting." So he brought it down to me.
It's not bad. Just not what you'd expect in an orange drink.
Lots of pulp.

I loved it! I thought it was brilliant snow day.

Blogger Ray said...

I was going to have one with my coffee this morning but it was hard as rock!
I could probably sharpen a knife on it.

Oh well...it looked good.

Thu Feb 03, 11:01:00 AM EST

 

Post a Comment