.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, March 21, 2011

Magic carpet ride

I'd never been on a magic carpet before. This was it. The one at Centennial is exposed to the elements so when it snows, it can be bogged down.

This one is covered. I wasn't sure if I would fit. But there's plenty of room for adults.

It's broken up into 2 sections. The first gap is the top of the bunny hills. The next section is the top of the hill itself.



Kieran had gone earlier in the week with his cousin Liam and Dedek. He said it was busy. Since it was March Break. It was empty today. It was awesome. We had the runs all to ourselves.



And fortunately or unfortunately, this was where he was taking me.
I'd never been on the terrain park.

Those gates are for the boarder cross start.
And apparently this was bumps he was talking about.


It's pretty steep at first and it was icy and fast. But I did it. I had no choice, my kid was leaving me behind.

Then a few runs later made me do the 'tracks'. He pointed to the rails.

I did the first one. But I ended up straddling it instead. Lucky I didn't hurt myself. And there is another 2 more of these. I kinda avoided the second one and chickened out on the last one.

You know when you get old. You get scared.
And my son was egging me on to do them. So I did them to show that I would try it.
Just glad I didn't impale myself on my poles.

We may do another visit to Sir Sam's on the weekend. Hopefully it's just as empty as this past weekend.
Gotta say. I'm pretty impressed with this kid's skill on the hills. No fear.
Which I balance out with my fear.