.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, November 18, 2011

Six point five

It was funny when the doctor at the Fracture Clinic asked Kieran how old he was, his response was not 6, but 6 and a half.  The doctor was amused.  Nice fellow.

He did his math drills yesterday and this is how he signed it.
At first I thought it was some middle eastern play on his last name.  Like Sinbad or something, because when I initially looked at it, I thought the 6 was a 'G' so I read it as Ginahaf.  Maybe Garces was not ethnic enough for him.

Then I looked closer.  It reads  'KieRAN 6 and a half'.  He's reading a lot more now and soon the phonetic spelling should eventually be replaced by more correct english grammar.  But it's an evolution.  If I can understand what he's writing.  That's what is important.