.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

100 Samosas on a wall

100 samosas ordered in a box, 100 samosas leftover, take one out and wolf it down.
99 samosas left in the box.
99 samosas left in the box, 99 samosa leftover, take one out and wolf it down.
98 samosas left in the box.


We had an Eastern Indian type birthday for Tresa.
And that was Saturday and we had 100 mini samosas, not including the 15 large ones I had also ordered and only because I had just come from playing ice hockey and my stomach was making some food decisions for me.
Today is Wednesday.  And we are now down to 5 remaining.


We still have rice and lentils and the eggplant leftovers, but I polished off the aloo gobhi desert dish yesterday.  Ordering the food was a bit of an adventure.  If you aren't East Indian, ordering from Brars might be a challenge.  The menu is a bit misleading because they may or may not make that dish that day. It all depends on whether it rains or not.  I dunno.  It's like going to Canada Computers or Tigerdirect, to buy electronic stuff.  Know what you want and don't ask questions, because they'll look at you like you are a foreigner.
In the end we ordered from Curry Twist in the Junction.  It was and always is very good.  And they are very accommodating.  They even put everything on a cart and wheeled it to my car.  It's a restaurant but we just told them we were having 10+ people over and they made it easy for us.  And it was so good.


I'm wondering when my next physical is?  I hope its not any time soon.
Indian food is really tasty, but can be hard on those non-essential organs like the heart.
My GP might prescribe me cholesterol pills.
As long as my benefits plan covers it, and I don't live in the US.  I'm good.