.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, April 16, 2012

Ravi #3

Tresa took me to Ravi Soups on Queen St a few months ago.  I think it was prior to the new year.  I discovered that it's the 2nd location for Ravi Soups.  The first one is downtown some where.
So this is location #3.
What was originally here was a burger place with a green sign.  I'd never been there, but was always curious what the food was like.
But I'm happy that Ravi is in our local neighbourhood.
I would like a gourmet burger place too.


The first dish I had was the Corn Chowder with blue crab and wrap combo.  The wrap is the lamb.  I just love it.  I had it again when I went back last week.

The first time I went into Ravi Soup #3, they were still setting up.  They were serving people, but weren't officially open.  When I walked in they sort of looked at me strange, and I had to ask if they were serving.  Lucky for me they were, and I was hungry.


 They didn't even have coffee or banana bread that's usually on the counter, let alone credit card payment option.  But they did have a cash register.

As long they had food.  I would have washed dishes.
So I visited them again and had the soup and wrap combo.
They are more or less, complete in their restaurant setup.
The real Grand Opening is supposed to be in a week or so.  Check their site ravisoup.com
I had the Chicken Hot Pot broth which has mango and tamarin flavour based, it's almost like a hot and sour soup, but so much more than that.
I just can't describe it well enough to do it justice.
I didn't try a different wrap, that's the lamb.  It's awesome.  It's spicy and tender.
Mmmm...finger licking good.
Now I'm hungry.  Cost....I think it's under $14.00 with a drink.  The combo itself is just over $12 and change.

It might not look like a lot of food.  But it's about quality and it was enough food for me.  Usually if the food is not so good, they just give you lots of it so you are at least satisfied or so stuffed, you can't tell it wasn't good.