.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tight sectional squeeze

Our sectional was delivered today.
And after trying to get it in the side door intact.  We quickly realized it wasn't going to go downstairs easily.
It's the reason we chose a sectional versus a sofa.
This sectional however is probably one of the larger ones to select.
It's 124" across the back.  But that's when it's all together.
I figured it would go down easily since it's in 2 pieces.
Ah...not so easy.


So I disconnected the damper from the door frame and tried.  Then I disconnected the light and tried again, then the door came out. And then the legs from the sectional came off.

It was still a tight squeeze going down the stairs.
I didn't care so much about the walls.
But I was concerned about the stairs.
But it was tight.
As long as it goes down successfully
I'll be happy.


Once it makes it down the stairs it opens up and it's easy peasy.
Glad we paid for delivery.  These guys were very nice and it was well over an hour before they finally were done.  And I was helping.
Legs go back on.
And we got a sofa snap to prevent that annoying thing that happens when you sit right at the sectional part.
It's extra, but it can only be mounted on sectionals with a wood base. The ones that have a metal frame (*Gus Modern), they can't do.
And I think it's not because it can't be done.  I think it's because it's more difficult to do and not cost effective and therefore they just don't offer it as an option.

I love this sectional.  It's got all the modern look and feel that meets Tresa's requirements, and it's got my requirement for being able to get it down the stairs and it's comfy.  Not sure if you noticed but most modern pieces are not that comfy.  But after sitting on a cushion for nearly 2 months, I'll take an uncomfortable modern couch over a hardwood floor.
Plus it's huge!   So there's room on it for more than just 3 of us.

I can now watch the Leafs make the playoffs in comfort.  Although it felt like I was sharing the pain of the entire Leafs nation by sitting on the floor and making my butt sore from all the years they've been getting their butts kicked.