.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Double digit day

It was my last window of opportunity to get something done before the cold weather finally is here to stay.  On thursday it was going to be a double digit day in terms of temperatures.  I had changed my front brake pads on the Subaru weeks back but I noticed that braking wasn't smooth.  So I planned on replacing the rotors before it began to snow.  So when the weather forecast came in.  It was good timing.  I hate working out in the cold.  So I had to take this opportunity that was presented to me.  How many times in late December in Toronto does it reach 11-15 deg C?

Front rotors.

It was also the day the stairs were getting installed.  So finally we can get rid of those vinyl tiled stairs forever and have something decent to look at and walk on and it would go with the rest of the basement.



Replacing the rotors didn't take me long.  It was raining, but I had the car half in the garage so I could work on it.  All the while the stair guys were taking out the tiles and installing the stairs.  They were there a long time.  The tiles were giving them lots of problems.  It was tough to remove.  And the glue was horrible.  Glad it was a fixed price contract.  They had to finish in one day.  Because they had another big job to go to on Friday.

Basement stairs and rec room finished.