.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Who's Gloves are These?


I cannot believe I got this!
I got the HockeyToronto Email and I checked every leaf player that hasn't been injured.  And I'm not going to say which player it is.  But luckily after 400+ responses.  I was the first person to reply with the CORRECT answer! Some people were responding more than once and getting pissed. Meh.

What's is funny is that the answer to this question was right in FB.  That's not how I determined it, by that time I'd already known I'd won.

I was sure someone would have beaten me to it.
Thanks BRUCE!


So off Kieran and I go to the ACC via TTC.  Kieran has only been to the ACC during the public free skate.  Never to a game.  So this is exciting.  For me and me for him.  I'm sure he's just happy to be riding the subway.

An early christmas present.  Hope the Leafs beat the Canes.  That would be icing on the cake. They gotta do better on the PK.  And they gotta quit with the brain cramp penalties.


We picked up our tickets and we were at the ACC for Kieran's first Leafs Nation game.

The seats were fine, it's the atmosphere that I wanted Kieran to experience. The National Anthem.  And that huge flag that goes across the Gold section.
The cheering of the crowd.  The boos. The elation when a goal is scored and a big save is made.  The combined frustration when opportunities are missed.  And the herd of the crowds between periods.



And there's all these activities during the intermission that we rarely see on the tube.  These are the reasons we go see a game live vs on TV.  It's that experience I wanted for Kieran.  Something I never got to do until I was an adult.

It was a bit of a sleepy and frustrating game.
And that beer and popcorn in the first period made us both need to pee bad by the first intermission.  I forgot about the line ups to get down to the restrooms.

It was 30+ shots to 15 for the Leafs.  People were cheering for the Leafs to finish it.  So frustrating for nearly 60 mins.  And a late 3rd period goal seemed to seal the win, but there was a needless penalty at the end of the game.  But thank god they pulled out an Overtime win less than a minute into OT.


I know Kieran was itching to go home.  It was late. Was hoping the Leafs would dominate and score and make this a walk.  But they had trouble getting the puck through.
And we got to ride the new TTC subway!
It feels so much wider and finally a subway that is on par with what has been in Asia and the rest of the world outside of North Amer.
It's very cool.  And quiet.  Roomy.
I'm sure this was the highlight of Kieran's first Leaf Game.
I'm just glad they won.