.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Fishey new year

It's raining outside today.
Fishey said in his tank one day.
It's been a Christmas and New Year break full of halls and colds and neo citran.  And the rain on Jan 1st was in the forecast but the sun in the morning was a teaser.
Anne it's just like Chester here in TO.   We were thinking of going to skating at Col. Sam Smith park.  But mother nature just said 'who are you kidding?'

Fishey's routine every day is Kieran's vitamins, puffer and fish food.
Once a week I clean the tank.  It's in my calendar.
Fishey is 1 year old.  Kieran got him from auntie Jessie across the street last Christmas.  It's the only pet he's not allergic too.  Mostly because he can't touch it.
If he could pet it, he would.  Some people who told me they've had Beta Fish said their's only lasted for a few weeks or a few months, tops. Some from poor owner care, but others from natural causes, I suppose.

We spent New year eve visiting one of Tresa's friends who was having an open house and we dropped in and we ended up being the last to leave.  Kieran and I made some pizza's in her pizza station.  It was great!  And the RSA bloke was a hoot.  NFLD is one of the most beautiful places he's ever been to and that's his current home base. Years ago I looked at purchasing one of these lofts. But the one I saw was teeny tiny like a box with an elevated platform for your bed.  Seeing her place, I was thinking that I would have bought one for sure.
Kieran just likes the pedestrian walkway that takes you to Dundas St W.
The area is changing that is for sure.  Not sure if I would buy it now as an investment since the area doesn't really attract me so much as the actual place.  Location, location, location.
But the Junction area is changing.  Lots of new shops, restaurants.  I can see the value in this area.  But it'll be another 5-7 years.  After that.  It won't be affordable any more.
Good for us since we are already in the area, but what can you do if you are young?  You need parents with some vision.

I am hoping that 2012 isn't so tiring as 2011.  It may be a planning year for a busy 2013.

Happy New Year [Srečno novo leto] people.  Don't let the rain come in.