.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Slovenska Sola


This is Kieran's Slovenian Kindergarten class photo.  They made pie plate faces and wrote:
"My name is Kieran, my eyes are brown."
As you can see, he's the only non-white kid.  You should see the looks I get when I pick him up.  People must be thinking that I'm in the wrong place.  The thai massage place is down the road.
I'm used to it now.  I just put my hat on and look straight ahead.  But I can feel the stares burning a hole in the back of my head.
His teacher is super nice.  And she gives me homework to do as well.  And I do it.


Today, Slovenian School is OUT!   At least the kindergarten level is out.
So his Saturdays are now free.  And his weekends are completely free.  So he's a happy camper.

Imagine he goes to school 6 days a week.  On Saturdays it's from 9 to 12:30.
We know some kids that go to Russian school from 8 to 2.

In the beginning, Kieran was ok with this, but after a few weeks, the novelty wore off.  And he was picking up on when we would ask him if he wanted to do something, it wasn't just a 1 or 2 time thing, it was a long term thing.  Now when we ask him about something, he thinks twice about it.  He asks some specific questions.  Because he knows now, what the repercussions mean.

But his Slovenian is really good.  He actually understands.  He translated the whole play for me that he was in.  I didn't understand a word.  I just thought it was funny.

They made a mistake on his Diploma.  It really reads "Kieran Garles", dang it. But I photoshopped it.  Can u tell?