.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Luma @ TIFF

You Gotta Eat Here!  Actually it wasn't on the show.  This was my project team's dinner selection. The Toronto team.  Since I'm the only one from the Toronto team.  Tresa and I went.
The whole team is distributed across N.Amer.  So my director that happens to be in Espana said we could all go out for dinner with our spouses and he'd approve it.
So this was approved back in Jan.  We finally went in the second week of March.  We were looking for a kid friendly place to go for dinner.  But many reviews of the high end restaurants don't usually have this quality.
Sort of like many of the private schools that are home to the elite.  You get that elitest attitude that can be akin to bullying.  But to these people it is a a deservedness that they feel is their right to behave this way and all others must do their bidding, because that is how they were trained by their parents. Hmm... something to chew on.

In any case, back to the restaurant.  After much reading and asking people where they ate, we decided on Luma at the new-ish  TIFF building.  People said it's very kid friendly and cozy, other's like Aria at the ACC are good too, but lack the coziness, still others like some Yorkville resto's aren't so kid friendly and reviews indicated that.  But we ended up not bringing Kieran since he slept over at my sisters.  So it worked out for the best.  We got to enjoy the restaurant and my sister didn't get much sleep. Best for us. HA.
The food was fantastic and I had the soup of the day and Tresa had the salad.  It was a tomato based soup, (note to self, bowl was freaking hot and I scorched my thumb).  For mains Tresa had the Organic chicken and I had the Yellowfin tuna.  For wine we had some italian white wine (Salvalai, Pinot Grigo, Venezie IT).  My WineCentric cousin was napping and didn't get my email request.  In any case it was yummy.  I give it 90pts.  I just prefer white because it's chilled and it gives it that refreshing quality after a long day of disciplining our son.  Just kidding he's not that bad.