.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, December 04, 2016

OOAK Professional

This is OOAK - One Of A Kind Show - Christmas edition.  It's the bigger of the two shows.  The other is the Spring version.  My OOAK wife told me all this.

I don't think Tresa goes to the Spring one.  But I could be wrong.  She goes to the Christmas one like it's her religion.  Then in a few weeks when the Visa bill comes it's time for the sacrament of confession.

In my line of work we have what is called the Definition of Done.  She texts me that she is done with the show, and I get this text at home.  When I arrive to pick her and our friend Marika up, they're still inside.  I text that I'm there, and it takes a phone call to get them to come out.  I thought they were done?  Obviously the definition of done here is vague.

Marika is great, she is as indecisive as Tresa.  So they get along great!



What can you get at the One of A Kind show?
Lots.  Because I get the bill.

You know Tresa is a lot like the Jehovah witnesses that used to come around our house chatting with me, until I googled how to get them to not come around any more.

They are nice enough people, but i'm not converting, and I was just being polite.  But ask them to put you on their 'no knock' list and you no longer have to pretend you are not home.  You can roll the blinds again and let the sun shine in.

Anyways. Tresa is like the Jehovah's, she brings people to this One of A kind show like it's her ticket to the Pearly Gates, if she gets at least 10 friends to come with discount coupons, tax free coupons, sign up for an additional 10% and if you show your passport coupon you can come back into the show and not have to pay the entrance fee.

It's like those spam emails.  Except a live version.
Stuff comes home, no return policy.
The food stuffs are good, our freezer is full of this garlic butter spread. I've never actually tried it until the other day, but i've seen it in our freezer for about a year now.  I've also seen it disappear.

She's got to be a professional OOAK attendee.
She has a defined strategy.  First it's the email notifications.  And the scheduling of vacation days at work.  Then it's the waiting for the discounts emails, free parking email, free parking if you bring a friend, relative or pet email.  And printing of those emails.

Then it's the recon mission on the first day.  Checking the time, and the map  and where specific vendors are that know her like she's a childhood friend that lived on the same street back in the day.

Then it's walking a marathon in a convention hall.
Some people have to train to attend this show with her.  Otherwise they will bonk and look for the nearest bench to crash on.

That's why i don't go. I do not have the physical and mental fitness to do it.
It's easier for me to do an Ironman.  So instead I am the Uber driver that takes her and whoever there and picks them up.  Because even if she gets a discount on the parking, that visa bill comes to me anyways.

This is our One of A Kind tree from Ikea.  I'm just glad it's alive.  I think.
It looks better in the shade.  It'll look way better when decorated.  Hoping it doesn't lose all of it's needles by the end of the week.  Or catch on fire from the LED lights.

It's great for $22.90 plus a $20 Ikea coupon.

Blogger Nie said...

Such a good description of going to the OOAK show with Tresa.
So funny!

Mon Dec 05, 09:47:00 AM EST

 

Post a Comment