.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Chalk it up, Fuzzball

Tereza got this chalkboard paint at Homesense, long ago.  And I've been dying to make use of it.
I wanted to do what my cousin did and paint a piece of metal and paint it with chalkboard paint and put it downstairs by the kitchen.

This was sort of a test.
We had these metal umbra pin board, but they they hang like a picture frame.  And I remember that they would fall off the screws all the time.

So I drilled holes and anchored them to the wall using some plastic anchors, washers and panhead screws.
It's so much more secure.  When you pin something it doesn't move and feel like it's gonna fall to the ground.

I taped it so that the paint was 2" around the pin boards.  I wasn't originally going to paint all the way down to the baseboards but it looked odd with that unpainted section, so I ended up doing that.  And it looks great!

I'm glad I didn't frame it with wood like I had first dreamt it up.
This is simpler and way cleaner and lighter.  And easier.

Kieran walked in to see what I was up to and he looked at it and said "I like this!"

For sure we'll do the one in the main floor soon.
This section of wall has the metallic paint.  It's really paint filled with iron filings.  It sucks.  Don't do it.  Waste of money.  The iron filings don't spread evenly so magnets don't stick well.

Biggest DIY scam ever.
Well at the time.  Not sure if they actually still sell it at HD.

The pan head screws with the big flat washers look great!  They have a number embossed into them and I like it!  Makes it seem a bit industrial.



This went up fast too.
I had to help coach Kieran's hockey team tonight. The Snappers Fish Market. So I was glad I wasn't scrambling.

Kieran scored 2 goals.  The first I saw.  It was a break away up the left side that he slid under the goalie.  He was flying tonight.  The 2nd goal I missed.  I was managing the Defensive pairings so I was focused on managing their time.  It was cold and didn't want them to be overworked.

He told me he also got 2 assists.
Man 4 point night!

Scoring and playmaking.
The team we played, is prob the weakest in the division.  So rebalancing will happen before our next game in Jan.

I had a great time being behind the bench.  I love being on the ice with the kids!  It's awesome.


I'm happy to finally get these magnets up.
The piranha fish, the cat and LasVegas!

Also, Kieran's flower that he pressed back in Casa.

I wanted to have that displayed.
Even though he did it for Fishey when he was alive.
Looks awesome!

I love it.

Merry Christmas!










GO FISH!