.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, December 07, 2017

Jolly Ol' St Mike-olas!

It was Christmas at St Mike's.
We got there about 30mins late because we were waiting for Kieran to come home, but he ended up staying at school helping get the cafeteria set up.

But the only text I got was at 3:27pm
"Staying at school"
Then it was like he went into the upside-down world like Stranger Things.

So when we got there we were fortunate enough to get parking on the grounds.  Right beside the Jaguar that they are painting.   In the courtyard they were singing Christmas carols and waiting for St Mike-olas to make his appearance!  We did manage to find him rather quickly after running into a couple of his classmates that I recognized from their class photo, Ali and Marco.  They located him for me.

So once we found him, he was pretty happy to see us.
Can you see the extreme joy on his face?
It's clear as mud.
So off he went to hang out and play with his buds.

Kieran did point out to me that Mike Babcock and his wife were here.  Well he said "the coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs was here".  He pointed him out but my eyes are not so sharp, in the best light.   So he took me to him.
He was easy to find.  People were taking pics with him.
And he was very nice.
His wife offered to take our pic.  And then he wished me a merry Christmas.

Very nice man.

So back into the cafeteria for some warm chilli and corn bread and some treats.
It was very nice.
And the SMCS Jazz band played tunes while we
To be honest I wasn't keen on coming.
But I'm glad I came.  Every function has been really great!
I'm continually impressed with the school, the friendliness of the people there, their respect for one another.  And how the boys are so respectful of everyone around them.

A caterer was pushing her cart and it was a bit crowded with people lining up for food.  One SMCS student immediately began clearing people respectfully out of her way.

Isn't that how it should be?
But it isn't.

It's Christmas folks.  This is the time of year when we should MOST be respectful and grateful.

Merry Christmas.
Ho Ho Ho.