.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's cold...brr

We had to come back into the city for an appointment and headed back up to the cottage the next day during a freezing snow storm. Actually the freezing rain didn't start until we were minutes away from the cottage. It took us twice as long as it normally does. So 5 hours of stressful driving - not knowing where the lanes were, where the road was, red necks in their 4x4 3/4 ton trucks driving like it was dry, and basically just trying to get to our destination without going off the road and into a ditch.

I'm glad that I have winter tires for the trusty ol' subaru. This winter hasn't been really all that necessary to have them, but when the weather is bad, it's a lifesaver.

At least there was one person in our car that was relaxed.

This is what happens to you at the cottage and it's -15 deg celsius. For you non-metric americanos, it's 0 deg F.

F is for FRIGID!

After we thawed the snowman, look what we found! It was Jaedin! His smile is still frozen.


I was using my dial-up connection to work remotely up at the cottage, but it was tough. I found that I ended up working longer hours and when the work day was finished at 5pm, it was already so dark outside that I couldn't even enjoy the outdoors. I was hoping to go xc-skiing but it was too dark.

But I did finally get to go out on Saturday. Lou and I went to Sir Sam's ski hill and went snowboarding. The snow was best on one run down the middle of the hill. The other ones were really icy and the groomers left large ice cubes all over the place. It felt like I was snowboarding over rocks.
Always wear your helmets kiddies!
Remember the old saying
"Veggies are for eating, not for being!"

There's lots of photos in this link, Carmen! It'll keep you occupied for at least a day or two.
Click here!

Unfortunately there's no photos of Lou taking a spill.