.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, November 20, 2006

Red eyes

We're smiling now. But wait til later when the time difference starts to set in. Then it's just red droopy eyes. That's why we're both wearing shades.

Kieran's slowly adjusting to the time change, but it's painfully slow. He's been taking two naps during the day. One about mid-morning and another in the afternoon. But we're trying to keep him awake so we can get him to sleep through the night.

But he's falling asleep about 6pm and sleeping until 3:30-4am. So he's still sort of on LA time. I don't think he understands the meaning of jet lag.

So we've been hanging out at the pool. And going for runs in the morning. And checking out the beaches.

There's food courts everywhere, outdoors types too. This one was more Malay style food and the wings were really good. Those little limes are amazing.

And as Kieran and I walked around the food court checking out the stalls. The vendors were saying something to me but I couldn't understand what they were saying. I found out later that they were speaking Malay to me, because I looked like a Malaysian. My chameleon trait was working again. This has happened to me before in Thailand and Cambodia where they thought I was a local.


This location also had a cable-pull waterski park. We noticed a lot of empty cables. And lots of heads bobbing in the water and people swimming to shore.