.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2008 Nightcrawler.to

So I finally did another nightcrawler race.
I also did better than the last time, so I'm happy.
And just checking my results from prior years, this is my best time so far. Woo hoo! a PB for me in this race.
Official time: 37min 49sec.
my watch: 37min 45.35 sec
                splits                pace
mile 1:      7.44.26            7.44.26
mile 2:    15.29.08            7.45.32
mile 3:    23.05.58            7.36.00
mile 4:    30.32.16            7.26.58
mile 5:    37.45.35            7.13.19

I know that I could do at least a minute faster, but considering we just got back from Europe 2 weeks ago. This was better than I had expected.
And it's not chip timed. I had forgotten. I'd also forgotten how ugly the shirts were too. Wow...green. What left overs were these from?

The last nightcrawler I did was 2005 just after Kieran was born. That was a way nicer shirt. It's a decent colour...it's red.
I'm surprised I hadn't done one in 2006 or 2007. Prior to 2005 I did another in 2003. And there's a record of me running in 2002, but Brian ran that for me (I was injured) and he's way faster than me, so I don't count that one.

I like doing this race, if you work downtown, you can head down right after work. The route is down by the lake so it's scenic. It's an out and back and the return leg is on the boardwalk. A nice route, simple, flat and fast, there's a slight uphill on the way back right before the finish, and to reward you they give you Krispy Kreme donuts at the end to replenish your fat stores that you just burned off.

And I'm so glad the rain held off. It was pouring just before the race. But it made the temperature perfect for a good run. It wasn't too warm.

The only bad thing about an evening race in June. The bloodsucker mosquitos come out and attack all the warm bodies in spandex.

Then I saw the Wong's DB team after practice, I saw Christina on my inbound leg at Sunnyside docks - Andy, Brian, Eddie, Stella, Mawhinney, Krystal, Vegiemeister Christina and the rest of the gang heading off to Rol-san for aa after a practice replenishing of nutrients and MSG.