.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lord Simcoe Day



This was our first trip up to the cottage this year. For several weekends now it's rained. Rained lots. It was good and bad. Good cause we saved money watering our grass. Good because it made me study. Bad, because it's summer time! It's supposed to be nice out. We've been inside all winter.





I'm so glad I got my PMP exam out of the way. Now I could enjoy the rest of my summer without having to lug around the text books. The first thing I did when I finished my exam was text message Tresa "I passed!". So we headed home, packed the car and headed up north to God's country to see Kieran.

I was still wired from studying so much, I hadn't studied that much for an exam since university. When we were at the cottage I wasn't sure what to do I felt like I needed to be doing practice exams.

But there was food, there was wine, beer, fishing rods, worms to bait on hooks, fish to catch. Dedek did all of that for both me and Kieran.

Dedek even took the fish off the hooks when we caught them. All 25 of them.
Kieran got to touch the fish's eyes...gross.


There was marshmallows to roast, chocolate and graham crackers to turn into s'mores.

And there was more food and more wine.

Trails to ride and run and a nice clean lake to swim. It felt good to decompress.



Bread cooked on an open fire,
and did I mention there were more s'mores.







Click me for more photos

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent cottage photos! Say HI to all Steph and her family, Helena, Dedek and Baka, and of course to your family!
Easy,Bojana and Alja

Wed Aug 06, 01:09:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

My Canon A610 didn't work anymore. Well the sensor was no longer working. And so as a reward for studying hard and passing the PMP I got a Canon 450D/Rebel XSi. With this I can make anyone look good.
S'mores anyone?

Wed Aug 06, 06:56:00 PM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lens did you end up getting for the 450D? pics turned out really nice.

Thu Aug 07, 12:20:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

I got the standard lens that came with the camera. It's a f3.5-5.6 18-55mm. Still considering an f2 lens, but that's a big chunk of change.

Thu Aug 07, 12:46:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment