.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Real wives of Orange County

There's a reality show on called "Wives of Orange County".
I'm not a fan of reality shows. Tresa had it on.
But it's not very good.

When we were at the Welk resort just north of San Diego. I was standing in line with all the other kids waiting to go down the water slide.

So behind me was a couple of boys who were later joined by their mother. Who's sitting on the far right there.

There were a bunch of little girls ahead of us and a gap of a few steps had opened. The little boy behind me yells - "MOVE UP!"
No 'excuse me' or 'please'. It was a rude yell. These girls weren't noisy or impolite they were very nice. I think they were (as I) a little shocked at the behaviour and treatment they recieved, with the mother standing right there.
If you were the mother what would you have expected her reaction to be? Upset at her son, and maybe take him aside to say that that's not proper behaviour.

This is what she said to her son - "Good for you, honey."

Nice. It's no wonder we live in a rude world. Rudeness gets rewarded. Awesome.
I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to give parenting advice to someone who probably will make a big stink, if they encourage this sort of behaviour. I didn't want the other kids to see an adult go wacko. That's what I was assuming.

I'm disappointed in that parent.

Other than that, the Welk resort was quite nice. Full of seniors and families and lots of play area for kids. Pretty family oriented place.

Really clean, great weather, beautiful pools and 2 golf courses.

There's three pool areas. The one I took photos from had the most kid stuff. A little water park, a slide and a play room area with foosball, pool table and internet.

Click me for more Welk photos.


That person/mother/wench/whatever should strive to be more like our friend Charul. She's a real deal wife of LA County. But then again she's not even american, she's Canadian.
And she can cook indian food faster than ordering a cardiac arrest big mac meal at mcdonald's.






The other thing we noticed was recycling was optional here. This is our pizza container. Going to some landfill.







And we kept visiting this place -Pinkberry and Jamba Juice.
Since we don't have them in Canada.



And we couldn't leave LA without going to the Beach. We visited a different beach this time from when we were here in 2006. We went to Seal Beach which was more kid friendly.

The water was chilly, but you get used to the temp really fast. The sand is nice and there's a play park near the pier. I liked it, but Tresa liked Huntington Beach better.

There's these tiny homes off the beach. And there nothing special, but they're going for 4million USD. Phew.

Click me for more Seal Beach photos.