.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, August 21, 2009

Knee check end of week 1

I took the bandaid off today. Just to let it air out.
It's been hard to sleep, especially when there's a little person moving around in the bed hogging all the room.
(Man we gotta fix this. I think we are getting a bunk bed in that room we just renovated.)
Plus the area is a little sore. It looks much worse than it is. Tresa was worried about keloids but what can I do. Bike accidents seem to happen every now and then so...

So it's been hard to sleep because I tend to move a lot, and now I have to try not to. Compared to the other knee it's a little swollen, which is to be expected. What can you do? It's healing.

And I can't get it wet. So I've been showering with one leg out of the shower. I blame the wet floor on Kieran anyways. Tresa buys it.

I just noticed the sutures are blue, like Thomas. I have to get them taken out end of next week. Lou said I can do it myself. Wonder if I can find the how-to vid on YouTube?

Blogger Dinoette said...

OMG! Hope you feel better! You shouldn't take sutures out by yourself, there's a reason why people have medical degrees!

Fri Aug 21, 10:51:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

Ah...no worries. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

My brother explained to me what to do. Should be a-ok. ;-P

Sun Aug 23, 09:47:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey ray,
RE: Dealerships

Every time I drove onto the highway my turbo would lose power and I figure out that if I turned off the engine and then back on again it would reset something and the power would be back on fine. I took it to the dealership in brampton (Bramgate) and they told me my turbo was seized.
Ok... anyone with ANY engineering background would say SEIZED? because seized means the oil ran out and the turbo propeller was actually stuck to the bearing. This was in 2004. They wanted to replace the turbo asking 2900 dollars. I said no and did some research myself and found that it was just due to simple contraction of the wastegate valve due to some rust and if I drove it really hard on and off it may clear it out. It did and it is now 2009.
My point is dealers just want money. That is all they want. Never ever take your car back to the dealer after the warranty is over.

Comment 2: Kerin did awesome!

Comment 3: did lou have his "Nike" shoes on... the ones that aren't actually nike (hah)

Wed Oct 07, 09:59:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment