.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, November 30, 2009

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch

It was an early Christmas for Kieran. That's because....You're a mean one Mr. H1N1.
He missed Hallowe'en. The poor kid was out for the count. I don't even think he knew what day it was. But he knew days later that he'd missed out on some fun and sugar.

So our neighbour across the street gave him something because she didn't see him trick or treating. Actually she didn't know we had the Swine Flu until I was allowed out into the real world about 10 days later.

One of our neighbours still won't come in the house. Because he's afraid he'll get the bug. Doesn't the virus only live on surfaces for a few seconds? It's not like we have petri dishes in our cupboards.

In any case. It was a treat. Saves me the trouble of looking for it online. He was asking about this very cartoon only a few days before Jessie gave it to him wrapped in a neat little bow.

It's Dec 1st in a few short hours. And still no snow on the ground. Thank god. I still have to put my snow tires on and I am just about done my last reno project of the year. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....light...light is good....head to the light.

This is Kieran's first letter to Santa. He was over at Steph and Chris' last weekend while we were partying with the Wong's. And this was his letter. Chris wrote it, but Kieran signed his name. We got a response this week.

Last year we sent an email because we did it so late. Every one gets a response believe it or not. Try it. Write a letter to Santa.

Here's the link to Canadapost's site where you either send a letter or click to send an email.
And Santa lives in Canada, didn't you know. Because the Arctic is part of our northern most territories. Besides Canadians are peace keepers. Not war mongers like some other nations, that shall remain nameless.


I think Chris drew the robot. But I think Kieran coloured it in.

And the response from Santa came later in the week.


I think the elf couldn't read his name on the letter.
I'm sure it was on the envelope to Santa. Darn elf.