.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Singing Soul at the Seoul House


Turning 40 again!
That's right....I liked it so much I did again. Only this time I ordered a cake full of Vioxx (TM) to take care of all my aches and pains with turning the big "Four-O-M-G it hurts".



Haha...It's not me. Although I could use some anti-pain all over meds.
We had just come from watching Cirque du Soleil - Ovo and my right hip was aching from watching the contortionists.

Man, I need something with extra-strength written on the box and the pill is no different than what's inside a regular box except a bigger pill and jacked up price.


So we headed over to the Seoul House for Kim's "surprise" birthday for Hong - where I represented the M-section crew. Cause everyone else was away. I even sang Buttercup. Trying to recreate what I did 7 years ago. But I scored lower than the kids. Damit. I tried another song later. What helped was more beers and some mixed drink that Kieran gave me full of other people's leftovers.

You guys missed some good Canadian Idol wanna be's belting it out. You can tell who they are too, because their scores were lower than the drinkers and the Grandparents both singing in Korean and dancing to the Kim Jung Il gangsta videos.


I love Korean BBQ. Never knew this place existed let alone a sound proofed karaoke party room with it's own korean version of the Lowe's push me for assistance button (translator not included).





It was fun. Thanks Jimin and Mike for bringing the kids.
Kieran had a great time with Lexi and Brennan.

Kieran wanted to know why when they sang Happy Bday song they didn't sing ... "are you 1, are you 2, .... are you 4?"
Maybe next time...when people have more time.

Click me for more photos

Here is your next Canadian Idol!


YouTube video 2
YouTube video 3
YouTube video 4
YouTube video 5

Labels: