.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, August 24, 2009

Lucky number 7

I woke up today at 27 past 5am ET.
I could barely open my eyes.
It was 7 to 9am when I finally got Kieran to Camp.
It was 7 past 5pm when I went to pick up Kieran from Camp and head over to Song and Jinn's to have a bike-play-date with Xander and Rachel.
It was 7 to 3pm when I decided to pick up a cake for us from my latest fav place to get dessert - DQ. Cake wasn't bad. It was an ice cream cake with a bit of cake in the center.




I started this blog at 7:07pm ET, well actually just the idea I had.
I drew a sign and took my camera and went to some of our neighbours that we spend most of our time with and captured some memories.




It's our 7th wedding ann iversary. And no itch.
Just lack of sleep. Mostly work related I think.

Time has flown. How can you slow the acceleration a bit. Just a bit.
And put into preservative jars things like the feeling you get when you go on your first date or you know you're about to become parents or the instant you hold a newborn baby or that baby smell, or the soft squeeze of a toddler's hand as you walk down the street to school, or the proud feeling of watching them take flight on two wheels.


You know stuff like that. How can you stop time?
It's been 7 years...
7 years of getting better at whatever we are doing.
At least it feels like we are doi ng it right.
7 years of creating bonds of friendships.
7 years of building a home and a fam ily.





Time has certainly flown by. But I see where it's went. And everywhere I look. It feels pretty good.










Bonus for those that don't read what I write: Cottage photos

Blogger Nie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
7th year is nothing yet compared to 19years!

nie

Tue Aug 25, 12:09:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

12 + 7 is 19
I fixed the pics so now they are clickable and grow larger so you can see what's on the piece of paper that Kieran is holding.

Tue Aug 25, 05:26:00 PM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you posted it on a Monday (the 2nd day of the week) and on the 24th and at 9:38? Where's all the other 7s?

Conspiracy theories abound.

Wed Aug 26, 10:52:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

2 + 5 is 7

Wed Aug 26, 10:58:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

When you post is different time from when you start.

Wed Aug 26, 11:06:00 AM EDT

 
Blogger Song* said...

Hey Ray & Tersa, happy belated 7th anniversary!! Hope to catch up with you guys in school tomorrow.

Mon Sep 07, 11:46:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment