.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, September 14, 2009

Kidz

For the past 2 weeks we did our yearly visit to the Garden State. Kieran and Liam are like siblings. It's great for Kieran. They play, they fight, they entertain themselves. What more could you ask for as a parent.

Gracie, now 2 years old is in there as well.

The first week went by really fast. I was working so time really flew. I got my stitches out and before I knew it it was Friday.
It was the end of the first week and to cap it off they all went for a hike in the hills. We even hired Crocodile Dundee as our guide. Put another shrimp on the bar-b, we're gonna do a walk-about mate!

I missed this outing. I was tied up at work.
But I did get to do some open water swimming in Hightstown just 8 miles up the road. It was great. The Jersey Area Multisport club is really a great bunch of people.
The check the ecoli levels of Peddie Lake just to make sure it's all good before you take the plunge and do a 400+yd lap. I managed to do 2 laps and it really helped me get over my open water anxiety and get ready for my 2nd triathlon this weekend coming up.

Peddie Lake swim area

Mini-people. Mini-putt.
It was fun. It was something to do with the kids. Can't be inside all the time you know.
Sometimes the golf balls were going off the green somewhere, as long as you had good insurance coverage, you were fine.

"Everyone is entitled to universal health care."


It didn't matter that it wasn't sunny. It didn't matter that it was also windy and cold.
Kids and the beach just go together.
Just like sand and your mouth and eyes.

But we didn't stay long. Clouds were rolling in and the surf was really rough.
Even the lifeguards were huddled together on their platforms.


The second week was Liam's first day of school. We all walked him to the bus stop. And hung out with him until the familiar yellow bus came to pick him up.
Even I waited with him one morning in the pouring rain with no umbrella. The darn bus driver who'd been early every day by at least 20 mins, picked the day I take to come on time.

Both of us were soaked.
Thanks Mr. Bus driver.
How's that Lenny Kravitz song go again. #%@( #$& ... I'm a survivor.


We were packing up to head back to TO but what can you do when a big box with lots of styrofoam gets delivered to your door?

You gotta take advantage of it while you can. Otherwise it's going to landfille. Reduce, Recycle, Reuse and RE-fun it.




Click me for more photos

Blogger Joe said...

Hey Ray. Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know about the Derby. I came in 3rd this year. *only 19 donuts. lol. I would have done better but I'm training for Ironman USA at Lake Placid in July of next year, and I haven't been eating like I usually do. I'm kinda keeping track of things in a training blog... its irondonutboy.blogspot.com

anyway, how are things? Seems like its going pretty well!

Joe

Fri Sep 18, 09:30:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment