.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, August 31, 2009

How-To take out your own stitches video

It's almost 2 weeks and I needed to take out my stitches out.

So we're in NJ. I didn't have time before we left to get the stitches out at a walk in clinic or the Emergency at St Josephs.

But last week we saw my brother Lou to check out my knee and the cut. He basically gave us some rough instructions on what to do and what scissors to get.

Tresa got the suture scissors from the hospital so we could do this ourselves. It reminds me of those Holiday Inn Express commercials. No...I'm not a surgeon but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

So we have two out already since I asked Teen to run up and get the camera.
This is a kodak moment you know.

I'm going make a How-To take out your own stitches YouTube video.The three of us with the kids in the background are doing this procedure. I'm holding the camera and the tweezers pulling up the sutures and Tresa has the scissors and Teen has the flashlight.

So there were only 9 stitches. Not the 10 or 12 that I originally counted. Unless the skin grew around the other 3 somewhere.

Thank God there were fewer than 12. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. My brother Pat scared me a bit when he said don't wait longer than 2 weeks to take out the stitches or else it'll hurt more taking them out. What was hard was lifting up the sutures enough so that Tresa could get the hook underneath to cut it.

I even recorded a How-To take out your own stitches YouTube video. Once the suture is cut, pulling the stitch out wasn't painful at all. But really you should go probably go to the doctor to do this, but it's not hard to do. Lou just said make sure the skin is fully healed and won't separate. Which is why he said to wait 2 weeks instead of 7-10 days.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you didn't want to pay the dealership to do this work for you ;-)

Fri Oct 02, 04:04:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

It wasn't the dealerships, it was the HMO's.

Fri Oct 02, 04:46:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment