.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thanks Zoo & Chudleigh's

The first weekend started with a birthday party and ended with a birthday party.

Click me for some photos of a 5 year old party where the attendees can sniff out year old halloween candy from under concrete.
These little people are craftier and more determined than skunks and raccoons at finding grubs. I was busy eating so I only took them after every one was already gone.


Thanksgiving here in Canada was last weekend and I'm thankful that I didn't over eat. Mostly a technique I've learned over the years from eating at many Euro banquets and gatherings.

With this technique I can leave the table not wanting to find some dark couch or room with a bed and many pillows.




Also more importantly I don't feel the extreme bloating like I instantly became a brown puffer fish.

I feel satisfied. And I have a little room for dessert. Like a pack of Skittles in a tree. Must have been some sneaky raccoon putting these tasty treats up in the tree.

Kieran wasn't too happy about that.



I'm able to move about without the feeling of a #2 coming down the hatch.

I could lend a hand or two and make myself useful without much trouble.

Click me for photos




Yep. The older you get your body has a harder time not just blowing out the increased number of candles, but the less your body is able to just shed the food you just ate.
Instead the food tends to stop half-way between the belly and the toilet. Which is your love handles or your rump, give or take a tire or two.

At least you save on water and toilet paper.
Click me for photos

So what do we do? The next weekend we sign up for a race.
Tresa had the best number '777'. Could've used those numbers in Vegas. Papa could've bought something new.

The race gives us a time bound goal which whether we like it or not - have to be physically ready. And if not totally 100%, we use a tremendous amount of calories finishing the race anyways.

So start em when they're young and think it's all fun and no work.

Since at the end of the race they get loot bags!
And if you don't like what's in the loot bags. Go back and get another until you do. Most of these athletes are just above knee level and the organizers helped their cause by giving them all the same number. These kiddies are smarter than you give them credit for.


Give them a little bit of refined sugar and the adventure begins. Fear goes out the window as they travel through bush looking for hidden treasures.


It's all fun and games...



Until someone shouts...."The snakes have escaped from the exhibit!
Check all the bushes and shrubs near by!"
Wha? Get outta there!

Click me for more photos of the 2009 Toronto Zoo Run
And we accidentally spill all the fish crackers on the ground as we leave the zoo.


Click me for Chudleigh's discount apple picking.
Don't pick anything on the ground. That's for juice making.
And don't pet the animals if you're allergic.

Blogger Song* said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun!! Rachel & Xander are already planning for their next run at the zoo....

Sun Oct 18, 10:05:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment