.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Basement Gut

It was D-Day for the basement. That kitchen eyesore down there had had it's last day in the sun. I am so glad that my brother in law and nephew came to help me gut it. I thought it would take me a day to do myself. I'm sure it would have taken at least 3 days, by myself just to gut.
Today we started at around noon. By 7pm we were done.


Now all that's left to do is wait for the bin tomorrow to haul the debris away.
Please don't rain...please.

We found these hockey cards.
Are they worth anything?
Should I go on the antique roadshow?


Then I can begin working on the framing and lights. This is the fun stuff anyways.
I hate the destruction part. I hate uncovering crap.
In taking out the kitchen cabinets, I found that the pipes are on an outside wall and not insulated. Well the pipes were wrapped with newspaper. I am surprised it had not burst. But since the walls weren't insulated, I guess the heat from the room kept them from freezing.
So I capped them closer to where the tee off from the main line.

So it's a bare canvas now. Looking forward to installing pot lights and new flooring to brighten this room and making it a new rec room for everyone. Can't wait til it's done.

Wish everything could be done as fast as this demolition day. I'm gonna have to call in help more often.


Click me for more demolition photos