.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy birthday Smiley Face

The day before we had just driven 1000kms from Hilton Head.
For my birthday we decided that I would drive 700 kms home.
And we made a special stop at Eat 'n Park for a like home cooked meal.

Man...The USA's gift to the world. Fast Food chains.
Eat 'n Park is short for 'Eat and park that big fat behind of yours while we pump it full of sodium and nitrates and other preservatives and fat'.

We were hoping for something nutritious, but we wanted to get back on the road quickly.


So we decided on Eat 'n Park.
It was open, and they had a salad bar.
But when we looked at the salad bar it was the brunch version and there was lots of bacon.


We weren't sure what was worse, the brunch or the menu, but fast food is fast food. Health is not a priority nor is it on the menu.

Wow, how'd they know it was my birthday?
They sure went all out for me.

And they gave Kieran a loot bag with a wrist band and tattoos and a cookie that we still have not eaten.

I actually got my birthday dinner the evening before at Outback in Clarksville, and even got a surprise. But I didn't capture the moment. I wasn't expecting it. I was just hoping to eat and hit the sack to get some rest. We had been going along well until we got into West VA, and there were no accidents but there was lots of volume, and Ninie's GPS was taking us somewhere else for while. Which was very annoying.

The day before we were hoping to eat at this place that was on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. But it was closed for the Independence Week Holiday!

Next I will remember to bring my TomTom.