.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, May 27, 2011

Critter visitors

We had some little critters hanging around.

This little raccoon was in the tree next door to Kieran's school. It was the middle of the afternoon and I wasn't sure if it was breathing. Since it was the middle of the day and it was right out in the open.
And it certainly drew a crowd of little kids and adults.
But then I saw it move. So that was a relief.



This little guy was running around our front yard looking for food.
I was eating some falafel so maybe it smelled the hummus and was looking for a handout.

I shoo'd him away but he kept coming closer.
This was a fat squirrel and he was probably looking for some of the food he'd buried before winter.

He was pretty fearless coming so close to people. But I know the old ladies feed him. I found out later that he'd eaten Ola's cucumber seeds she just planted. Serves her right for feeding and trying to domesticate a squirrel.

She was pissed, now she looking to put a bounty on this grey bandit pelt.
She's an old Euro, I bet you she'd turn him into goulash.