.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wax on, wax off, hair gone.

I didn't think I would ever do this, but I got talked into it by Tresa since I've been cycling a lot and it seems like many cyclists do this.  More for the reason that if you crash, the road rash stuff is easier to get out if there is no hair.  And the skin heals better.  Not that I am intending on crashing.  I thought that I would give it a go since my leg hair was always kind of wiry and prickly.  She often asked why I had so much hair as compared to my brothers and other asians we knew.

I didn't know why.  It is what God gave me.
Hair that can scrub pots clean.


So after some due diligence and deliberating, I finally decided to do it.  I went to the place that Tresa goes.  Eva from Europe.  She is so nice, I am glad I went to her.   Eva was very encouraging, I had spoken to her before just to inquire what it would be like.  And when I made decision to make the appointment, she told me what to wear (no cotton, and something loose), and possibly drink before (alcohol and/or advil) just to prepare for the procedure.  Watching the 40 year old Virgin is not a good thing to watch before a first time hair removal procedure.

When I first came in, she checked my legs, and said it wasn't too bad at all.

She is a chatterbox, for which I am glad, because it distracted me from the ripping of my hair off my legs.  I am surprised the magazines beside the treatment bed are in such good condition, I initially was reading the Zoomer mag, but once she started the hair removal, I using it to cover my face.  I am surprised I didn't gnaw on it.

The first few rips at it felt ok.  They were on my quads.  Not a lot of hair there so I'm thinking ok, not so bad.  Where it stung the most was the inside of my thighs.  Thank God there wasn't much there.  I thought my lower leg would feel ok because they're bony and not a lot of meat.  But the hair was longer and more predominant there.  So I was unsure if it was going to hurt or not.  I found out that it hurt.  I'm glad she works fast.  But there was still another leg to do.

It was over in about 45 mins.  A far cry from the 3 hours she spent on a man-bear, the other cyclist client she was telling me about.  She said she was unprepared for working on someone with so much hair.
The wax was hotter than I had anticipated, then she quickly puts the white strip on and rubbs a few times quickly to press it into your skin and then yanks quickly. Like ripping off a bandaid. It kind of stings for a second or two, but then goes away.

Final product looks great! Looks clean, also looks lighter for some reason and the skin looks more even in colour except for all my battle scars.  It was snowing today in TO, and I was wearing a pair of light nike pants.  So it seemed like my legs were colder, probably from the lack of hair and the heightened sensitivity.

I'm just wondering if it'll burn when I jump into the pool on monday for my swim class?

Blogger Nie said...

Pretty sexy legs, if you ask me.

Mon Apr 22, 12:14:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Nie said...

Pretty good looking legs...looks better than Tresa's.

Mon Apr 22, 12:15:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment