.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Festival of Lights

It was still pretty light out when we arrived at 8pm.  Nice!  Love these long sun lit days.  It was the Festival of Lights at Kieran's school.  I think was to raise money for a trip or something.

It became chilly as the sun began to set, and getting darker by the minute.  These two looked like they were trying to start a fire or something with their glow sticks.

Note to self - don't arrive any earlier than 8pm.  There's nothing going on until then.  There were hot dogs, veggies, hummus, some other dips too, apples, chips and 3 huge bowls of popcorn.  No poutine!  My Singaporean source who shall remain nameless said there'd be poutine.  That's gonna cost her some samosas.

Kieran didn't eat much, just some veggies and popcorn.  I had spent most of my time hanging around the food table chit chatting with one of the parents. I had just come back from my club ride and was hungry.

Music was playing.  I thought it was music music.  Like from an iPod or something, because I was hearing Nirvana, U2, Eurythmics, etc.  Boy was I mistaken.  Kieran had been asking me to go up to the playground area and

this is what I saw.  Festival of Lights Band

I didn't record the whole thing, but there's a drummer behind the guitarists too.  It was kinda dark at the Festival of Lights.
So there's a group of girls singing into a mic, several boys on guitars and a drummer.  Why does the drummer always get the raw deal?