.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, May 05, 2013

Slovenska Sola Gr1 Recital

It was Kieran's GR1 Recital at Slovenska Sola a few weeks back.  Yep, back to back to back stuff.  All you parents to be. This is what life is like.  Better do what you can now, before it's all over.

Because life goes on overdrive from here.
The days fly, then it's weeks, then it's years.



It was the singing of the Canadian National Anthem.
Then the Kindergarten class.
Then Kieran's Gr1 class.





I'm not actually sure what the skit was about, but I think he and the other boy were foxes.







Everyone else was a bunny rabbit, cat, chicken or pig. But I'm not sure.




And they're supposed to be in that house, but they couldn't all fit.
Especially the pigs.



There were several other skits and plays.
Once Kieran was done, he was translating for me and telling me what was going on.  Because I had no clue.
I just thought it was great!
This is Tresa's heritage, her background, and he's embracing it.  As long as he's enjoying doing it, that's all that matters.


There's an opportunity here.
An opportunity to learn a language.  To learn. period.

For some reason this year seemed shorter than the previous.  But who knows.  There was coffee and dessert afterwards.  And I got to have some cremschnitte - this vanilla custard flaky cake.  It's really yummy.

And when it was time for the old folks to head home for dinner and a nap. Kind of nice there were some people that stuck around, in particular one kid that helped put the chairs away, without asking.
To be honest I was ready to skedaddle, but Kieran started stacking the chairs, and I couldn't leave him there (unless he got time-and-a-half).





Slovenksa Sola Gr 1 class skit