.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, May 05, 2013

Fishey's last days

I had just come back from my club ride Saturday.  And I had just sat down to get a bite to eat.
When I noticed something unusual with Fishey.

Fishey was at the bottom of his tank, on his side.
I was sure that Fishey was alive when I left that morning.
I hadn't fed him yet, but I had noticed lately that he wasn't swimming up to me when I was about to feed him, not like before.



  It used to be that when I'd drop the little pellets in the water, he'd jump to them.  But in his last days he seemed to look disinterested, and noticed him not moving so much.  It didn't help that Kieran knocked his tank over this week (vacuuming) and then filled it with warm water, but that could be a coincidence.  The tank has a little crack, but isn't leaking. Glad I didn't buy a new tank before he went belly up.


This was Kieran's fish.  Given to him by Sam, Jess, Char & Trish our neighbours.  We didn't know how long he'd live.  People said between 1 week to 5 years.  After the 1 year mark, we thought hey he's doing better than most other Beta fish.

Although it was Kieran's fish, I took care of this fish. Fed it, cleaned it's tank. Cleaned the algae from the fake plant and bridge. It was a good swim Fishey. May your bubbles go on forever.

I was not sure whether to flush him or bury him.  So we buried him in the back, underneath the chinese warrior statue.  Kieran said we should leave the tank there so we know where he is.




RIP Fishey.  
That was a long swim
Christmas 2010-Spring 2013