.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Centre of the Island

We were on our way to Centreville.
Hadn't been here in ages.  Even when we were on the island for dragon boat races, we didn't go here.  I don't even remember going here as a kid.

I don't think we came to Centre Island that often.  But I do remember riding the ferry.  I don't recall visiting Centreville.  But I think I rode the log ride.  It's all very vague, and I'm not sure if it's because of those Centre Island commercials or reality.

We had plans to go to Canada's Wonderland, but that went down with a fever.  So alternate plans were to go to Centre Island.

Kieran had gone with his school camp, but his group never got to ride the train.  So that's the first thing we did.  Then we did the Haunted Barrel ride.

We then rode the Scrambler.  Not sure if you know what this ride is, but it's a spinning one.  Spinning rides don't always agree with me these days.  But I gave it a go.
Go it did.  Real fast.  But it wasn't as bad as I had expected.  It was actually ok.
Kieran had the wrist band ($37).  That way he could go on as many rides as many times as he wanted.  It's mostly for kids his age.  Tickets are $10 for 10 or $1.05 ea.  We spent just over $33 to ride some of the rides with him.  If one person is always going on a ride with the kid. Probably worth it to get a wrist band for the adult too.  Otherwise tickets will end up cheaper.


The Log Ride. This is in the commercial for sure.  It's not very long. But that's ok. It's the slide down that fun.  Plus it was raining so getting wet didn't matter.

For 3 tickets you can drive a car:
Taking Kieran for his G-Learners on the Island.



I'm glad we didn't buy any food here.  It was basically poutine and funnel cakes.  The only thing we got was an ice cream cone for Kieran.
I resisted the urge to buy a funnel cake.  For $9, it was a big plate of carbs. And all I really wanted was a bit.  I should have gotten a fork and taken a bit from these asians.  Not sure if they would have noticed an extra asian sharing their plate.




And we caught the Ferry back, just in time. It only takes 10mins from dock to dock. And I think it waits for 10mins and then heads out.

Even though it poured for part of it.  It turned out to be a fun day. The kids were going on rides over and over since there wasn't a line up due to the weather.

Photos of Centre Island