.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sir Sam's Charity on Top of the Hill

Sir Sam's was having some charity event at the top of the hill.   I had seen this setup exiting the chair and wondered what it was.  I thought it was for the kids ski camps that were going on all week.  But this was in fact an adult only event.


There was snow structures and beer and wine and harder liquor chilling on top.  It was quite a setup.

The charcuterie board was impressive and i couldn't even make a dent into it.  I was trying my best, even though i knew we were going out for dinner at the ol' Kozy Korner in town.

There were lot of cheeses and meats and pickled stuff and crackers and even sandwiches on the board and table.

It was however getting chilly.
They had an outdoor fire thing there to warm hands by.  But my hands were going numb.





I'm not made for this weather.
Not like this guy here.
He could sleep up here and be toasty warm.






There was quite the selection from Boshkung and Bobcaygeon beers, to Pelee Island wines (they had a really nice apple wine made from Braeburn apples).  I was sampling all I could since the drinks weren't included.

Joe was pissed, but then he started a tab and was bringing drinks over like the world was ending at 4pm. 
Wait that's the end of this shin dig.





After that the plan was to continue at the cottage.

Jack was managing the fire.  Burning anything that touched cheese.  Since he is the Anti-Cheese.
That's why the fire is out.




I think Jack ate some magic beans.  He's almost as tall as Jim.
Jack must be standing on that chair.







I guess he had enough to eat, cuz we ate his steak later that evening after these guys got up from their afternoon nap.

Jack didn't make it over due to ice-mageddon.

Too bad.  Joe cooked it perfectly!